Monday, April 26, 2010

Finding time for a hair cut

Elizabeth dropped me off in a village, Chaumont-En-Vexin, close to Boubiers to have my hair cut. Thankfully she had time to come in and chat with the young girl who was to be my hairdresser. She had no English and me no French. At the appropriate moment she asked, Stop? and all was well!!

I had about 1 1/2 hours so walked around the village. Found a little market in a car park, bought a baguette at the bakery and wandered back to the cafe next to the haidresser to hang with the locals. Some were already sitting up at the bar drinking beers, chatting and watching me order a coffee.




My Hairdresser and Coffee Shop












Walking through the village



A house for sale in the Real Estate Office-Don't think the snow would be a selling point for me!




Walking up to the Church




Having coffee at the coffee shop. Elizabeth described my choice of baguette as 'ordinary'! Thought I looked very French.

No comments:

Post a Comment